Thursday, December 13, 2012

Home for Christmas...

Well I made it back to Washington. 33 hours without sleep and three airplane transfers can really be a drag, but it went by quickly for me. This can only be God, but I have not experienced ANY jet-lag upon my return to Washington.

Since I've been home I have mostly spent time with family. Mom and I put up the Christmas tree together and we went to an awesome Christmas concert with some friends. I've wrapped all the gifts I bought in the Philippines too, they are snug under the tree. It defiantly feels like Christmas now.

I am so thankful for the comforts of home, some I'm particularly thankful for are:

  1. Clean bathrooms with plenty of toilet paper, hand soap and paper towels. 
  2. My bed, with flannel sheets and a comforter. 
  3. Mom's cooking.
  4. Working out, after 10 weeks without exercise it feels so great to be moving again. 

Lots of people have asked what's next for me, I'll share my plan, Lord only knows what will really happen. After Christmas with the family I will return with my sister McKenzie to Montana for 10 days. Then, my goal is to get a job as a nurse at a hospital. My first choice hospital is Providence in Everett. After awhile I would like to go back to school to become a midwife. And then, maybe take over the world, we'll see how it all plays out :)

Now I want to share some of my favorite memories from the Philippines.


Pineapple farmer. 


Video from the airport.


Beach for Pami's birthday. 


Hike to the waterfall.


Starbucks spelling of my name.


Cutest little family ever.


Neighborhood kids.


Fruit market in Cebu.


Johnson's church in Cebu.


Little girl in the Johnson's church.


Great night/day at Shalom Birthing Home.


Market at Divisoria. 


Neighborhood community down the road. 


Sewing class at second mile.


Children in the community both born at Shalom. 

Thanks to you all for reading this blog. So far 867 people have read this blog, from United States
659, Philippines 110, Russia 27, Germany 15, Israel 8, United Kingdom 6, South Korea 6, Bulgaria 5, India 5, Australia 4. It's so cool to be able to see how many people are taking interest in this. A special thanks to my church at Whidbey Evangelical Free Church for all the support and prayers along the way. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment